TERMS OF CONDITIONS FOR WORKING WITH BLB SOLICITORS
TERMS OF BUSINESS
We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority which requires us to supply our clients in writing with the terms on which we provide legal advice. Our standard Terms of Business can be viewed here.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- BLB Solicitors is the owner of all intellectual property rights in this site and in the material published on it. You may print copies of any pages from the site for your own personal reference but in doing so, you must not make any alterations or modifications to those copies. No part of the site may be copied for commercial purposes without obtaining our express consent.
- The information contained on this site is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or other advice. Professional advice should always be obtained before applying the information to specific circumstances. No guarantees or warranties are given regarding the accuracy of any of the information.
- Insofar as permitted by law, we expressly exclude any liability from any direct or indirect loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with this site or in connection with the use or results of the use of this site and any materials posted on it.
- This site may contain links to other sites. These links are provided for information purposes only and since we have no control over the content of those sites, we can accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- The Conditions may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of this site will constitute your acceptance of any changes which will be binding on you.
PROOF OF IDENTITY REQUIREMENTS
- Under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 which came into force on 15 December 2007, we are required to carry out “customer due diligence” before we can agree to act for you. We will need to obtain proof of identity and check that identity before we can act for you. In most cases, we will need you to provide us with proof of identity (such as a current passport or photo-card driving licence) and proof of address (such as a recent bank statement, credit card statement or utility bill). In the case of a limited company, we will need proof of identification for at least two directors and a list of the names and addresses of all shareholders with details of their voting rights. We may also ask you to provide additional information and proof of identity of those shareholders.
- In the case of a partnership, we will need a list of all partners and proof of identity for at least two of those partners together with a copy of the current partnership deed or other documentation that confirms who owns the equity and the voting rights of the partners.
- Once we receive your initial instructions, you will receive a “due diligence” form which you will need to complete and return to us with the relevant documentation. We will be unable to accept your instructions until we have complied with these “customer due diligence” requirements.
Please contact us if you have any queries in relation to any of the contents of this page.
The extent and type of information we receive from you depends on the information you provide to us. For example, on the Site, you can instruct us, request information, apply for a job and subscribe to marketing literature.
We collect your personal data to assist us in understanding your needs and provide you with a better service. We may use your information to communicate with you. We may also use your information to update you on the services we offer and to contact you for market research regarding our services. In those cases, we will always give you the opportunity to decline to receive this information.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose other than for which it was originally supplied to us, we will always ask for your consent.
We will always ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to any other party without your consent, unless required for the provision of our services or required by law.
We may from time to time include on the Site links to other websites. We do not control the contents of those sites and will not be responsible for their privacy policies.
Many of our clients like to correspond with us by email. Your attention is drawn to the fact that information carried over the internet is not secure. Accordingly, BLB will not be responsible for any information that you send to us electronically which is intercepted, lost, redirected, read or accessed by other parties.
If you have any questions or comments about our use of your personal information, please telephone us on 01225 755656 or contact us.